GOOGLE CLASSROOM INVITATIONS HAVE BEEN SENT TO ALL STUDENTS IN ALL CLASSES – BE SURE TO ACCEPT THEM BY TUESDAY, MARCH 17 AT 3:00 PM!
Parents are being invited once the student is enrolled online.
Good Afternoon Donovan Parents and Students,
The COVID-19 guidelines are changing rapidly as the CDC continues to monitor the situation in our country. Our goal at Donovan is to provide academic stability and structure for students during this stressful time. While the move to online learning is not ideal, Donovan’s administration, faculty, and staff are committed to supporting your student’s education.
ITEMS TO NOTE FOR THIS WEEK:
- Students need to log in to their Donovan email accounts and accept the invitations to Google Classroom. All invitations must be accepted by 3:00 pm on Tuesday, March 17.
- Each Google Classroom will have a brief assignment due on Friday, March 20. Please have your student complete the assignment by the deadline. This is an opportunity for each student to make sure that their Google Classroom is working properly.
- Classes will be both synchronous (live) and asynchronous (individual work). The synchronous sessions will be scheduled and announced by the teacher with advance notice. Online, live classes will meet during the class’s regular time. For example, live lectures for an A period class will be from 8:00-9:00 am. Each teacher will provide details when the synchronous sessions are needed.
- Starting Monday, March 23, classes will begin moving faster and students will be required to turn in all work by the assigned deadline. Late work will be docked 10% per day as currently stated in the Parent-Student Handbook. Please let teachers know if there are questions or problems prior to the deadline.
- If you have any problems with technology, please contact our technology coordinator, Ryan Hirano. Questions should be sent to him at email@example.com as the school is currently closed and voicemail is not available to any teachers. He will assist you with accessing the platforms and materials that you need. Questions specific to the coursework should be directed to the respective teacher of the course.
Students, we are living in unprecedented times. While there is a lot of uncertainty and instability, one thing you can control is your education. It is possible that social distancing will become more restrictive and last longer than two weeks. Therefore, please embrace Google Classroom to help motivate your own personal learning. Please do what is being asked of you so you can stay on track in your courses. With a little organization, you are all capable of managing this situation!
We must remember that this is the day that God has made. He tells us to rejoice and be glad in it. We do not know God’s plan, but there are gifts that can come from this situation if we seek them. May you find peace and joy in slowing down, being with family, and becoming comfortable with silence during this season of Lent.
Peace and Blessings,
Head of School
Associate Head of School
LUNCH ORDER UPDATE
Lunch orders placed through Boonli for the month of March will be credited to the parent’s account for the days we do not report to school. Management of lunch orders will continue to be on a flexible basis until school closures have ended. Thank you for your understanding and patience.