Knights of Columbus Scholarship
The Knights of Columbus is the world’s largest Catholic fraternal service organization and is an avid promoter of Catholic education. The society holds true to its founding principles of charity, unity, fraternity, and patriotism. The Knights of Columbus Scholarship will be awarded each year to one student in the incoming freshman class or transferring in to the school who is active in the Catholic faith. The Knights of Columbus Scholarship is a partial award that covers up to 50% of the student’s tuition and is renewable each year providing the student maintains active in the Catholic faith, academic excellence, and exemplifies good citizenship. It is our expectation that each recipient contribute significantly to the Catholic identity of the school.
Eligibility is based on the combination three areas: the entrance exam, the essay, and the interview. All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Entrance exams scores must be in the 60th percentile or above
- Essay score must be in the 80th percentile or above
- Academic achievement demonstrated through transcripts and teacher recommendations
- Letter of recommendation from a Catholic Priest or Knights of Columbus member
- All requirements must be met by the application deadline April 8, 2024.
This scholarship is renewable each year providing the recipient maintains the following:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completes 10 hours of service each semester above the required service for theology class
- Has good standing within the Theology Department in grades, participation and service
- No major disciplinary infractions or Honor Board cases
Please complete the form below. For the essay, please submit an essay on the following topic below. Then use the submit form at the bottom of this page to upload it.
How have you been a servant for Christ in your life? Who has influenced you to be that servant and how?
Scholarships can be named as a class legacy, in honor of a parent/family member, current or deceased student/classmate, or even a friend. Once established, a scholarship can be donated at anytime throughout the year: birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or just a way to say thank you. If you would like to contribute, please contact the school office.