The Claire Thompson Endowed Scholarship
The Claire Thompson Endowed Scholarship has been established in the honor of its namesake, Claire Thompson, a community leader in Athens. This need-based scholarship is awarded each year to an achieving student who would not be able to attend Donovan without assistance. This need based scholarship is applied toward a student’s tuition and is renewable each year providing the student maintains a high academic average and exemplifies good citizenship. It is our expectation that each recipient contribute significantly to the life of the school.
The award is based on the outcome of two areas: the essay and demonstration of financial need through a FACTS application. All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Entrance exams scores must be in the 40th percentile or above
- Essay score must be graded on an internal rubric at 80 percent or above
- Academic achievement demonstrated through transcripts and teacher recommendations
- All requirements must be met by the deadline of Friday, April 8th.
This scholarship is renewable each year providing the recipient maintains the following:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- A member of the school community in good standing
- No major disciplinary infractions or Honor Board cases
Please complete the form below. For the essay, please submit an essay on the following topic below. Then use the submit form at the bottom of this page to upload it.
How will this scholarship help you achieve your future goals and impact your life’s path?
Scholarships can be named as a class legacy, in honor of a parent/family member, current or deceased student/classmate, or even a friend. Once established, a scholarship can be donated at any time throughout the year: birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or just a way to say thank you. If you would like to contribute, please contact the school office.
Scholarship - The Claire Thompson Endowed Scholarship Application and Essay