Tony and JoAn Salloum International Student Program
The international student program provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for both students and Donovan families. The international student program is highly beneficial to all students and the Donovan community at large. The international students are able to immerse themselves in the Donovan culture as well as experience the Athens, GA area. Donovan students have the opportunity to host a student for one to two semesters. Host families gain a new member of the family and build a relationship that lasts a lifetime. The program allows all involved to experience something new and exciting.
Host families may be eligible for a stipend. Please contact Krista Elayan, our International Program Coordinator, for more information and the next steps.
English Language Requirements
English Language Requirements
ALL APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT US CITIZENS ARE CONSIDERED INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS.
All international applicants for whom English is not their first language must submit one of the following:
• The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL code 3533
• The TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition test.
• We require that students applying achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 79.
• The Duolingo English Test.
• We require that students applying achieve a minimum Duolingo score of 90.
• The International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
• We require that students applying achieve a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
Submit An Application
Once you have determined that you have met the English Language Requirement, complete an application. We must have an application on file to accept transcripts or passport copies. An admissions interview will not be scheduled without an application on file.
A certified copy of the student’s high school transcripts, in English, is required.
Submit a copy of your student’s passport to the Director of Enrollment Management.
Schedule an Admissions Interview
All domestic and international students complete an admissions interview to ensure they will be a good fit at Monsignor Donovan Catholic High School. Once you have completed the application and submitted your documents, it’s time to schedule an interview. The best way to do that is to email our Director of Enrollment Management, Mrs. Kara Hatcher, at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Monsignor Donovan accept 12th-grade transfers?
- We typically don’t accept 12th-grade transfers due to international classes not always aligning with Georgia Department of Education standards. Students planning on graduating from Donovan and applying to an American university system might need more than one year to ensure all standards for graduation are met.
What documentation is required for international students?
- The birth certificate, visa, home address, and certified, stamped copies of the student’s transcripts translated into English are required. Some of this information will be requested on the application. All documents should be submitted to our Director of Enrollment Management, Mrs. Kara Hatcher, email@example.com.
Is an interview required?
- A Zoom admissions interview is required for all Donovan students to ensure they are a good fit for our program.
Does my student have to speak English?
- We do have an English proficiency requirement. Test options and minimum grade requirements are listed on the website under our International Program tab.
Can my student transfer at any time?
- We are unable to accept students after the initial application deadline at the start of the school year. We are unable to take semester transfers in January due to our class schedules. We must ensure that all students attending Donovan are able to complete each year-long class in its entirety.