The Monsignor Walter J. Donovan Merit Scholarship
The Monsignor Walter J. Donovan Merit Scholarship has been established in the honor of our namesake. This prestigious merit-based scholarship is awarded each year to the top student of the incoming freshman class. Merit scholarships are partial awards that cover 50% of the student’s tuition and are renewable each year providing the student maintains a high academic average and exemplifies good citizenship. It is our expectation that each recipient contribute significantly to the life of the school.
The scores are based on the combination three areas: the entrance exam, the essay, and the interview. All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Entrance exams scores must be in the 90th percentile or above
- Merit essay score must be graded on an internal rubric at 90 percent or above
- Successful interview with the scholarship committee
- Academic achievement demonstrated through transcripts and teacher recommendations
- Enthusiastic letter of recommendation from the Principal or Counselor
- All requirements must be met by the deadline of April 8th.
This scholarship is renewable each year providing the recipient maintains the following:
- A minimum GPA of 3.7
- A member in good standing with the National Honor Society
- No major disciplinary infractions or Honor Board cases
Please complete the form below. For the essay, please submit an essay on the following topic below. Then use the submit form at the bottom of this page to upload it.
Who in your life has greatly influenced you academically and spiritually (ex. teacher, parent, family member)? In what ways has he or she encouraged you to succeed and be faithful in service to Christ?
Scholarships can be named as a class legacy, in honor of a parent/family member, current or deceased student/classmate, or even a friend. Once established, a scholarship can be donated at anytime throughout the year: birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or just a way to say thank you. If you would like to contribute, please contact the school office.